Intel vs AMD

• admin

My experience since 1998 when I built my first AMD while my brother Shocker bought his Intel IBM computer for more than a grand. I had great times building my Athlon and playing games until AMD started screwing up with sockets that didn't support most motherboards. I decided to roll with an Intel 6950 duo core. It was fun for a good four years or so, but I had to upgrade to play Battlefield 4 and other games that came along the way. I noticed in the year of 2006 a lot of AMD chips where giving out a good performance and new technology. For the price I went with the FX 8350 eight core and my favorite brand Asus motherboard. I'm not looking to upgrade any time soon because of money, but If I had the choice and money was not an issue I may try out the new Intel with the eight core.

• VRK

I started off with AMD. Hell I might have had a Cyrix in there somewhere. But I just go Intel all the time these days. Mainly because I like the flexibility of being able to run a hackintosh. I use windows for work and gaming but if I could get everything in one house it'd be a OS X or Linux distro. Windows is fine but I really like the way *nix based systems work.

• admin

I started with and intel XT... an 8086... one of those IBM pc's with no hard drive and the dual floppy's (if you are old enuf to remeber that) and let me tell you at the time that was the shiznit! I quickly added a math-coprocessor and and EGA (yeah EGA) card and monitor to get color since it was monochrome, and a 20MB (not GB) Hard card running in an ISA slot! LOL... OMG how the times have changed. I went through various flavors of intel systems after that( 286, 386, 486) since i dont even remember amd being and option, then i found i could get more bang for my buck with AMD and ran an AMD Athalon (slot 1) yeah those huge things and overclocked it, various flavors of amd after that until recently (prob past 10 years) and it seemed the jump i got from amd was not enuf for me or didnt last, so i went with intel... now all my systems are intel. I think alot of it has to do with available funds now tho... they are not as tight and i tend to research and get what i want based on my research even if it goes over budget. :slightly_smiling:

• VRK

First computer I built was an AMD. First computer I ever had was a IBM clone Leading Edge Model D. After that we got a Packard Bell. Then a Dell. Then I stated building my own.